As a Game Designer, you’ll bring ideas, build prototypes, create interactive narration, and develop the game’s mechanics. You’ll design systems that are easily maintainable, expandable, and comfortable to use while injecting fun into the user experience.
- Experience in interacting with international clients across time zones
- Should have handled multiple projects for mobile Gaming
- Should be creative, imaginative, unique, and original
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong in presenting your ideas both verbally and on paper
- In depth understanding of game design and level design a must
- Good knowledge of game design tools & game development technologies
- Mentor, Collaborate & Lead the pool of Game Designers / Level Designers
- Help to create levels for an immersive gameplay scenario.
- Work with internal tools and create levels from concept to final polish
- Conduct level progress evaluations with the team to provide feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune and improve the game
- Locate and fix issues in both your own and your team’s work
- Work closely with designers on the customer side and continuously adapt to feedback/expectations quickly and better the quality of deliverables
- Create daily/ weekly/quarterly status for the project/ projects to be shared with the client.
- Manage resources designers working on projects
- Create a new game pitch with the core game idea, mechanics, USP, etc., and present it to stakeholders and greenlight the game for production.
- Drive prototyping, mechanics, pacing, tuning, tutorial/FTUE, usability, level ramp, story, meta-structure, aesthetics, and creative vision of projects assigned
- Detailing the design thoroughly in the form a Game Design Doc (GDD) and helping the production team.
- Ability to convey a design through storyboards, not pages of text
- Able to possess a thorough understanding of game play theory
Skills required for the job/professional skill set:
- Minimum of 7+ years of game designing/development experience and significant contribution to a major title that shipped
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in team management
- Passion for game design and level design
- Strong experience in Gameplay and Economy design
- Ability to quickly learn toolset and become a subject matter expert
- Experience with design production tools and level editing pipelines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
- Passion, enthusiasm, and experience with the casual game’s genre
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience with Unity Engine, and Unreal Engine would be an added plus.