The two most important things which was taught by Covid – 19 are – Gaming and how to value our relations – be it personal or professional. The gaming community is a close-knit community. The popularity of the games among people from various generations, be it Millennials, Gen Z or baby boomers is at peak.
According to PWC’s Global Entertainment and Media outlook 2022-26 report, the online game market worth is estimated to reach more than $321 billion by the year 2026.
With the booming gaming industry, it is very important for the talents who are looking forward to starting a career in the gaming industry to build networks in this space.
With great networking, comes great power!
Career Networking or Professional Networking in gaming industry is one of the keys to have a successful career in the gaming industry. What Is Career networking? one may ask, the phrase is self-explanatory yet in layman terms – it is basically connecting with people and platforms to achieve your career goals with a relevant opportunity which you will enjoy.
The contemporary times have provided us with lots of digital platforms where we can connect with each other and build our meaningful connections. LinkedIn is one of examples of the powerful professional platforms for career networking.
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
Want to know how to strengthen your networking?
Here are few tips which can be leveraged to enhance the career networking:
- Start from your friends: Connect with the friends whom you know already over social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Focus on building relationships: Instead of directly asking for the opportunities, ask for advice. Be yourself and be confident. Be receptive and openminded.
- Quality of Network matters: Keep evaluating your quality of network, keep the spammers away in order to get quality content.
- Do not hurry, take your time: Do not be in hurry to connect with people, take some time, let it come naturally. Wish on their birthdays, anniversaries over various platforms.
- Follow and connect with people from the organizations which you like to work for
- Attending Gaming Technology Webinars and joining Gaming Forums like GameFAQs, Reddit Gaming Subreddits
Remember “no man is an island”, keep looking up!
We, at iXie are in the business of Games.
Want to know latest happening in gaming industry? Follow us on Linkedin.